Serving the Pipeline Industry
Ph. (713) 462-8525 ♦ Fx. (713) 462-4133
- The company has served the natural gas transmission, oil, petrochemical, and pipeline industry since 1977. We are a Texas corporation.
- Bluewater Constructors, Inc. is a member of the Associated Builders and Contractors Association. We are a merit shop general contractor.
5337 Dow Road
Houston, Texas 77040
100 Bayou Bend Road
Sulphur, LA 70663
- Bluewater’s main objective is to provide quality workmanship at a fair market price.
- The construction of oil, petrochemical, and natural gas facilities built on-time, and within budget, without compromising site safety is our goal.
- We are interested in the development of long term relationships and satisfied clients.
- Bluewater has built projects from Florida to North Dakota, and from Wyoming to Pennsylvania. Bluewater has all required licenses and certificates of authority to conduct business in these states.
- Past projects have ranged from construction scopes of $150,000 to larger and more complex projects of up to $35,000,000.
- Bluewater employs an in-house safety director and an outside consultant to address all safety related issues.
- Field superintendents and foremen are trained and certified for safety aspects pertinent to each project.
- Site safety includes, but is not limited to: initial job site orientation, safety meetings, training classes, and near miss documentation.
- All transportation and construction equipment and hand tools are maintained in good working order; meeting or exceeding OSHA standards.
- Superintendents have unlimited access to all necessary equipment and tools required to safely complete each project.
- Bluewater’s bonding capacity is $125,000,000 aggregate; $50,000,000 per single project. Our bonding company is Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America.
The majority of each project is built with Bluewater’s own crews and we supplement our forces with local labor, whenever possible.
Subcontractors are used to compliment Bluewater crews and to provide expertise and equipment for specialized construction needs. These will typically include acidizing, site work, electrical work, building erection and pipe insulation.
- Bluewater assigns a Project Manager to work with the Superintendent and the client’s Project Engineer.
- A schedule is started during the estimating phase, and finalized, upon receipt of “approved for construction” drawings.
- Considerable time and effort is given to the estimating process. We attempt to provide a complete and accurate projection of costs with a realistic schedule.
- Bluewater believes in “no surprises.” We make every effort possible to maintain an open line of communication at the job site and at the management level.
- Our objective is to build the project right the first time, and if problems occur to seek a resolution as quickly as possible.
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Examination and review of construction activities and their aspects, are part of Bluewater’s construction.
- Bluewater has built projects under a variety of contractual arrangements including: lump sum pricing, turn-key contracts, engineering-procurement-construction, cost plus, fixed fee, and time/material rates.
- Bluewater has constructed facilities under extreme weather conditions in the West, North, and Northeast.
Bluewater clients are typically involved with interstate pipelines, gas processing, gas liquids, petrochemicals, or heavy industrial manufacturing and raw material processing.